Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Everything For a Reason

Life has a lot to teach us. Different stages in life come with unique challenges which yield individual lessons. Sometimes you learn one lesson after another; other times it seems you've learned all you can (it's usually these times that teach you the most).

My last few months have produced no shortage of lessons to learn. Marriage, moving away from home, starting my career, and learning the never-ending horrors of financial planning (or un-planning) have given me plenty of chances to learn things that can help me for the rest of my life.

However, just because they can help me with the rest of my life does not mean I will remember to use them. Some things we learn, we forget too easily. Then we have to learn the same, often painful lesson over and over again. So this blog is an effort not only to share my new found education in the field of life with someone who might profit from it, but also to try to retain my knowledge for as long as possible. I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 10:11. Paul has just finished giving an account of the miracles and punishments that the Israelites experienced. He says, "Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come." If it was a good idea for Paul and the Corinthians, I think it's a good idea for me!

However, my first lesson is this: When you watch your clock creeping up on 4 a.m., it's about time to close the post, the laptop, and then your eyes. Sunrise is in two and a half hours, people!

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested in your new blog, and in reading the lessons you describe. In fact, I may even ask you for permission to refer to them in future marriage preparation and marriage review "classes" (formerly known as Pre-marital and Marital counseling).

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like the title of your blog! Reminds me of this saying: "Wisdom is the thing you get right AFTER you needed it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I think you can see from Dennis' first comment that you are now an official PK and you have been WARNED that anything you say or do can be used against you from the pulpit!

    Love to see that you are writing again! I'm interested to see what wisdom you gain as you walk your walk. I can't wait to GAIN from your wisdom as well!! What a blessing for the teacher to become the student!

    You've been through a lot of life-changing and stressful times in 3 months! Hang in there, girl! You're doing great!

    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete